Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, for one thing, we might want to change the name to the correct
> spelling "cacheable".

Is that correct?

I looked in the Oxford English Dictionary, the Random House Dictionary,
and a couple other dictionaries of less substantial heft, and could not
find anything authoritative at all.  RH gives the derived forms "cached"
and "caching"; OED offers nothing.  I'd be interested to see an
authoritative reference for the spelling of the adjective form.

Possibly we should avoid the issue by using another word ;-)