Re: [HACKERS] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 10:39:47PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> One point worth making is that I'm not really convinced anymore that
>> we have proof that antivirus code has been creating any such problems.

> We do. I have positive proof of this being caused by AV software.
> I don't know that it has been the problem in *all cases*, certainly, but
> I've had kernel stacktraces pointing into AV filter drivers more than
> once.

No, I didn't claim that Windows AV software is bug-free ;-).  What I
said was that I'm not certain it's related to the "permission denied"
reports, as opposed to other problems.  Or are your stack traces
specifically for "permission denied" failures?

            regards, tom lane