Re: pgdg packages removed for 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pgdg packages removed for 9.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/22/19 9:05 PM, Lewis Shobbrook wrote:
> Thanks Adrian,
> The symlinks have been created for all pgdg versions other than 9.3
> It seems to have been an over site perhaps.
> As stated in the announcement...
> "Today, you still get the link to the pgdg-centos11-11-2 rpm."
>
> Which is true in all instances other than 9.3 that I have checked so far.
> Not sure if you can forward this onto Stefan Fercot for his opinion?

9.3 is EOL so:

https://pgstef.github.io/2019/04/17/one_rpm_to_rule_them_all.html

"EOL’d releases

While the yum repositories for EOL’d releases still exist, the repo rpms
usually found on https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php#pg93 aren’t
available anymore: 404 - Not Found.

In case you need to use the old repositories, you can add it manually:

# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-93-centos.repo ..."

You also have the option of filing an issue here:

https://yum.postgresql.org/contact.php

> Cheers & thanks again.
> Lew
>
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 at 13:51, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 4/22/19 6:51 PM, Lewis Shobbrook wrote:
>      > pgdg packages for 9.2, 9.4+ can be located at
>      > https://yum.postgresql.org/9.x/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/ where x is the
>      > minor version for all but 9.3.
>      > i.e.
>      >
>     https://yum.postgresql.org/9.2/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-centos92-9.2-3.noarch.rpm
>
>      > exists
>      > but not
>      > https://yum.postgresql.org/9.3/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-*.noarch.rpm
>      > There been a problem with the automated builds since April 17 for 9.3
>      > Not sure if there is a better forum for this?
>
>     Might want to take a look at:
>
>     https://pgstef.github.io/2019/04/17/one_rpm_to_rule_them_all.html
>
>     "As of 15 April 2019, there is only one repository RPM per distro, and
>     it includes repository information for all available PostgreSQL
>     releases."
>
>     A do not use RH family distros's so I do not fully understand the
>     above,
>     but the timeline fits yours.
>
>      > Cheers,
>      >