Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
> On 04/05/2012 04:27 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> It's shocking since after months of work and an especially extended
>> edition CF, we expect people to deliver something, not just shunt the
>> whole thing off as rejected with 1 days's notice to alter that
>> outcome.

> I don't think this is being fair to Robert.

If we're going to ship a release at all, somebody's got to be willing
to say "no".  Personally, been there, done that, got the t-shirt [1].
Robert's just pointing out what has to be pointed out.
        regards, tom lane

[1] http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/b9w.jpg/