Re: What do you want me to do? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What do you want me to do?
Date
Re: What do you want me to do?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't think we need decicated bug transferrers.  Typically, when someone
> reports a problem by email, the first step is that some developer or other
> expert responds (unless the reporter gets blown away by fellow users as
> clueless :-)).  So the natural extension of this process would be that the
> person doing the analysis records the problem.

Yeah, that sounds like it would work.

I still think it would be a good idea to have one or two people actively
in charge of the overall health of the bug repository --- cross-linking
duplicate bugs, making sure fixed bugs get closed out, in general
correcting misinformation when they find it.  This wouldn't be a large
time commitment AFAICS, but without somebody applying pressure in the
right direction I think that the general quality of information in
the database would inevitably slide downhill.