Re: Substring auto trim - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Charles O'Farrell
Subject Re: Substring auto trim
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 3:21 AM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov
> wrote:

> I'm inclined to agree with you, but it does present a barrier to
> those migrating.  Are there any "migration considerations" documents
> where we should mention this?  Standards compliance notes in the
> docs?  Some form of this question seems to be asked frequently....

Many thanks for the quick and detailed responses. Looks like we'll have to
stick with that work around for now.

Part of the problem for us re: varchars is that we are using Cobol where
trailing spaces are significant and litter all our data and queries.

Thanks again.

Charles