Re: Technical Support - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Technical Support
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 8 Sep 2021, at 15:46, Murphy, Kimberly R CTR TRANSCOM TCJ6 (USA) <kimberly.r.murphy4.ctr@mail.mil> wrote:
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am currently trying to upgrade PostgreSQL 9.4.9 to 9.6.22 and am running into issues.
> I’m not sure who to contact or if you can please point me in the right direction to get technical support.
> When installing, I receive an Error Box stating: “there was a problem running post-install step. Installation may not
completecorrectly. The database cluster initialization failed.”
> Can you please assist?

This list is for reporting bugs in Postgres, and not general questions.  The
appropriate list is pgsql-general:

    https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-general/

And if you are interested in contracting professional services to assist you
there is a list on the website of companies providing this:

    https://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/