Re: "pg_ctl: the PID file ... is empty" at end of make check - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "pg_ctl: the PID file ... is empty" at end of make check
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Today I saw a one-off case of $SUBJECT, on macOS.  I can't reproduce
> it, but I noticed exactly the same thing on longfin the other day:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=longfin&dt=2018-11-25%2005%3A39%3A04
> Anyone know what that's about?

No :-(.  I was wondering about that longfin failure too.  What macOS
version are you running?

(longfin is up to date, 10.14.1.  Is it worth noting that I jacked
up the name and drove new hardware underneath it just last week?
Hard to see how that could be related, but ...)