Re: Postgress and MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James Hall
Subject Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
I cannot answer your question directly, but I did come across this
mysql/postgresql article this morning...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1817&e=10&u=/zd/2004011
1/tc_zd/116115&sid=96120751

I'm sure it's already been posted to the list.

-jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Powell [mailto:Bob@hotchkiss.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 10:32 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Postgress and MYSQL

To whom it may concern:

I find the recent articles in various trade publications a little
disturbing due to the lack of PostgrSQL mention.  I continue to see
articles about how IBM may be considering MYSQL for development an
open_source web database.

Why isn't PostgreSQL being considered or talked about by major industry
giants?  As a DBA I know that Postgres is far superior to MYSQL but if
the industry directs it's energies towards open-source database this
coming year I think somehow PostgreSQL needs to be represented better.

Bob Powell