Re: [ADMIN] pg_upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2 failed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [ADMIN] pg_upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2 failed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 09:48:58PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, that's even stranger, because (1) information_schema.sql_features
>> ought to have a toast table in either version, and (2) neither pg_dump
>> nor pg_upgrade ought to be attempting to dump or transfer that table.

> I bet pg_upgrade is picking it up from the old cluster because it has an
> oid >= FirstNormalObjectId and the table is not in the information
> schema.

If it *isn't* in information_schema, but is just some random table that
happens to be named sql_features, then it's hard to explain why there's
anything going wrong at all.  My money is on the OP having done a reload
of the information_schema (as per, eg, the release notes for 9.1.2), and
somehow that's confusing pg_dump and/or pg_upgrade.