postgresql_autodoc tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aycock, Jeff R.
Subject postgresql_autodoc tool
Date
List pgsql-general

Hello,

I’m using postgresql_autodoc tool (v. 1.40) to document Postgresql 8.4 databases and have a couple of questions.  This tool works great in documenting all of the database objects with the exception of triggers and permissions.  I can see in the Perl script where permissions information are collected from the database but it would not produce anything in its output.  I tried to modify it to make it work but have not succeeded.

My first question is this: has anyone run into the same problem as I have with permissions?  I’ve checked the databases and they are showing permissions for a number of individuals.

My second question is has anyone succeeded in getting trigger information using this tool?

Thanks and have a great day.

Jeff