Re: does anyone have a tool to convert SP'sT-SQL to Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Denis Lussier
Subject Re: does anyone have a tool to convert SP'sT-SQL to Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general

Pavel is doing nice work on Orafce & the EnterpriseDB PG Community Fund is now sponsoring him to do more.

On 2/10/07, Joshua D. Drake < jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Denis Lussier wrote:
> Oracle provides a free tool for converting TSQL into PL/SQL.
>
> You can then use the PL/SQL on an EnterpriseDB database, if this doesn't
> work for ya...   PL/SQL is quite a bit closer to PLpgSQL than TSQL is so
> you'll be well on your way.

There is also the open source Orafce project that can help you with a
lot of the oracle specific functions. You can find it on pgfoundry --
http://www.pgfoundry.org/

Joshua D. Drake

> --Luss
>  http://www.enterprisedb.com
>
> On 2/9/07, johnf <jfabiani@yolo.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Friday 09 February 2007 04:43, A. Kretschmer wrote:
>> > am  Thu, dem 08.02.2007, um 21:28:08 -0800 mailte johnf folgendes:
>> some
>> procedures
>> >
>> > See there: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.3
>> >
>> > I hope, you can find what you need.
>> >

>> > Andreas
>>
>> Thanks the link is helpful.  It's just I was hoping to find a script that
>> could care of most of the convert and just needed a little hand coding.
>> --
>> John Fabiani

>> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>>
>>                 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
             http://www.commandprompt.com/