Re: 8.0 questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Madsen
Subject Re: 8.0 questions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

A quite impressive list of changes in version 8.0.0. ...

But the question from me is: When is it done?

We have a lot of 7.2.5 versions running which badly needs an update, but
if version 8.0.0 comes in the near future, we could surely hold out a
while longer and go for the top of the line.
I'm not asking for a specified date but do we have to wait until next
year or is it just a couple months or shorter away ?

Best regars,
Thomas M. Madsen.

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/release.html#RELEASE-8-0

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster