Re: password() function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Berend Tober
Subject Re: password() function?
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 10:59:58AM -0500, Berend Tober wrote:
>
>> That flame extinquished, if what you are looking for is a way to
>> change passwords, you can use ALTER USER inside a stored procedure.
>
> Or it might be a way of storing passwords, in which case reading the
> README in contrib/pgcrypto might help.

Yes, indeed it might. And that reference might help him. Would have been
nice, as I attempted to teach him, though, if the question had been
framed in a way appropriate for this forum. I'm not going to waste my
time reading the mySQL documentation to figure out his question about
PostgreSQL, however. No apologies here.