PostgreSQL Hosting Providers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Rodrigues
Subject PostgreSQL Hosting Providers
Date
List pgsql-general
Olá,

Is the list at <http://techdocs.postgresql.org/hosting.php>
comprehensive ?

PostgreSQL hosting is oddly sparse, while I practically trip
over MySQL hosting providers at wonderful prices. 1&1
<http://oneandone.co.uk/> for example has 300MB for £8.99/month
(@ Euros €14.50) and 600MB for £16.99 (@ Euros €28.00).

In comparison, http://www.europeanservers.co.uk/packages.html is
ok..., but not great.

Does anyone have any pointers to PostgreSQL enabled web hosting
services in the EU* that aren't listed at
<http://techdocs.postgresql.org/hosting.php> ? English,
Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, or French language support is ok.

I'm working on a personal project, a large part of which is a
relational web directory, but also includes integrated document
publishing, file storage & serving, and bulletin board
capabilities. And while a great many similar projects use MySQL
with Perl (too many ways to do it for me) or PHP (I don't like
mixing code & markup), I chose to learn Python in combination
with  PostgreSQL. I intend to put as much logic into the
database as possible, writing as little Python CGI code as
possible, and hopefully further separate and simplify using
XML & XSLT. Did I mention I'm a beginner...?

With RDBMS features like views, transactions, stored
procedures, & (proper use of) foreign keys easily available in
an open source database like PostgreSQL, I am confused by the
Microsoftian ubiquitousness of MySQL.

* <http://citizens.eu.int/>

Tchau,
Joel