Re: pg_autovacuum -> pg_class.reloptions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_autovacuum -> pg_class.reloptions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> A long time ago, Tom proposed moving the pg_autovacuum settings into
> reloptions.  I know it's really late in the devel cycle but I wonder if
> such a move would be acceptable at this time?

I think it's too late to be considering essentially-cosmetic changes
for 8.3, especially when you've not even started on a patch.

<rant>
If we don't start saying "no" on a regular basis, we'll never get this
thing out the door.  We are already more than two months behind the
intended schedule, and I see absolutely nothing getting done on several
of the major patches.
</rant>