Re: FATAL: SMgrRelation hashtable corrupted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FATAL: SMgrRelation hashtable corrupted
Date
Re: FATAL: SMgrRelation hashtable corrupted
List pgsql-general
Daulat Ram <Daulat.Ram@exponential.com> writes:
> My Postgres 11.2 container is not started due to the below error message. It is in streaming replication environment.

> 2019-05-17 06:41:19.954 UTC [11] FATAL:  SMgrRelation hashtable corrupted

Yes, this is probably the same issue reported in

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/15672-b9fa7db32698269f@postgresql.org

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/15684-4ef33de3271cf929@postgresql.org

The good news is that the underlying ALTER TABLE bug is fixed in 11.3.
The bad news is that your database is probably toast anyway --- an update
won't undo the catalog corruption that is causing the WAL replay crash.
I hope you have a recent backup to restore from.

            regards, tom lane