Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 21 Jul 2023, at 01:53, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 12:36:52PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 20 Jul 2023, at 09:47, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>>> Hmm.  Are you sure that this is correct for pg_rewind?  This should
>>> work when using a local source with --source-pgdata, but under a
>>> remote source with --source-pgdata, I get the impression that we'd
>>> still copy a .DS_store into the target's data folder.
>>
>> Ah, good point.  The updated patch should work for both by moving the check
>> into the filemap.
>
> Sounds OK to me to do that in the filemap.  The checksum and base
> backup parts look OK as well.  Thanks for the quick update!

Reviving an old thread which had fallen off the end of the TODO.  The attached
is a rebase over nearby changes causing conflicts but no functional changes
from the previous which was marked ready for committer, so will go ahead with
this once it's been through a CI cycle in the cfbot.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment