Re: initdb and fsync - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb and fsync
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 07:22:02 PM Jeff Davis wrote:
>> Right now I'm inclined to leave the patch as-is.

> Fine with that, I wanted to bring it up and see it documented.

> I have marked it with ready for committer. That committer needs to decide on -
> N in the regression tests or not, but that shouldn't be much of a problem ;)

I'm picking up this patch now.  What I'm inclined to do about the -N
business is to commit without that, so that we get a round of testing
in the buildfarm and find out about any portability issues, but then
change to use -N after a week or so.  I agree that in the long run
we don't want regression tests to run with fsyncs by default.