cannot remove some items from the server list after upgrade from postgres 8.x to 9.x - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Doug Easterbrook
Subject cannot remove some items from the server list after upgrade from postgres 8.x to 9.x
Date
List pgadmin-support
I've discovered that as we migrate a each of our customers from 8.4 to 9.x of postgres, we see that the nubmer of servers always changes from only

Servers (1)
-> PostgreSQL 8.4 (localhost:5432)

to be two servers in the pgadmin list

Servers (2)
-> PostgreSQL 8.4 (localhost:5432)
-> PostgreSQL 9.0 (localhost:5432)

I've seen that before in earlier version upgrades, and it was easy enough to delete one (or so I think).

now, once you have both of these in your list of servers, I find that you can't delete a server by using right -click & delete/drop

I've inspected the postgres preferences and the information stays in the preferences .

When you delete them, it looks like they go away, but when you restart pgadmin, the serve you just deleted comes back.

Doug Easterbrook
Arts Management Systems Ltd.
Phone (403) 536-1205    Fax (403) 536-1210