[NOVICE] The server does not listen - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From manno_it@libero.it
Subject [NOVICE] The server does not listen
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hello,

I am running Postgres 9.2 on a MacOs X El Captain 10.11.6. I start my database named posgres last time in May. [After that, I had problems on my Mac, so I re-installad and upgraded the OS ti El Captain.] Now I'm trying to connect to my database by PgAdminIII, Navicat and so on, but it seems impossibile to start a connection: "The server does not listen". I have tried to find a solution in the Postgres documentation, under the Appendices (Installation, starting the database etc.), but I am not able to find a solution.

I have a basic knowledge of linux commands, shell, privileges etc.

I will attach here some screenshot with the error messages: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/60onx881lrzwpgf/AAAa0iOBzfm0n1Jd5LD7sdg_a?dl=0

Could anyone help me (a) to understand what the problem exactly is and (b) how to find a solution? Hope my tables and data are there!!

Thank you very much for you attention,
Mauro - IT