Re: uintptr_t for Datum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: uintptr_t for Datum
Date
Re: uintptr_t for Datum  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Attached patch is the part of the win64 patch that changes Datum to be
> uintptr_t, and associated changes, with only very minor changes from
> me. It also includes autoconf tests that I tricked Bruce into fixing
> for me :-)

> Comments?

This is a joke no?  Where's the logic to provide a definition of
intptr_t if the platform fails to?  The lack of attention to updating
the comments about Datum doesn't give me a warm feeling either.

BTW, it looks like the patch is showing a manual change to
pg_config.h.in.  Don't do that.  Run autoheader.