Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 6/19/20 6:28 PM, pepevo wrote:
> Yes, and I am thank you for all your helps.  As I said and if you
> contract for Govt you should know,  we can't just install the software
> without their approval.   When someone suggested psql client to run
> batch script when I can't putty into the AWS instance.  I need to asked
> lead to approval to download even I don't have administrative
> privileges and because it's on Dev and  it's on our server.  Real work
> will be on Linux production and everything need to be approved by
> Government.  But everything can run by script on the server, right?

Alright now I am thoroughly confused. You where asking how to connect
from a Windows using psql to run a batch script from Windows machine. No
mention of any government restrictions, or approval to download. Also,
now you say you will be working on Linux machine and the script will run
on server. So basically your original question has nothing to do with
reality. Correct me if I am wrong.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com