Re: [GENERAL] Not sure this should be asked here but... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From vinny
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Not sure this should be asked here but...
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2017-04-23 12:31, Ron Ben wrote:
> A simple open source forum system can be enough simetng like php-bb
> example: warez-bb.org
>
> the installation of such system is like 1 hour of work.
>
> In my point of view something like stack overflow is the best but i'm
> not sure if it's open source.

Setting up a forum is not the problem.
The problem is that the value of the mailinglists is in the contributors
that use it,
and they, for the most part, really do not want to stop using it.

This is why the original thread was about expanding the web-interface to
the mailinglist,
that would allow the current mailinglist users to keep working the way
they like to,
while opening the system up to the rest of the world in a more
millenial-friendly way.

Did I just use the word "millenial?

sorry... I'll just go and be ashamed in a corner for a while...