autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Christopher Browne
Subject autovacuum
Date
List pgsql-performance
Shridhar wrote:
>There is an auto-vacuum daemon in contrib and if I understand it correctly,
>it is not getting much of a field testing. How about you guys installing it
>and trying it.

I'm one of those that has been running it; there are numerous test systems
around where it has been running off and on over the last few months.

The thing I keep reconstructing is the script to automatically start it
up.  It should get started shortly after the postmaster starts up; based
on variations on the systems I work with, there's a lot of variation on
how that gets handled, which hasn't let me see anything stabilize as the
Right Way to start it up :-(.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.smrytrebil@" "enworbbc"))
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.info/>