Re: Problem with trigger makes Detail record be invalid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Problem with trigger makes Detail record be invalid
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/19/2018 11:52 AM, PegoraroF10 wrote:
> My point of view that there was a partial rollback, just on detail table. If
> I´ve done a delete from Master and I have a foreign key to it with cascade
> option, or all records should be deleted or no one should, this is my point.

Except you now have a trigger or possibly triggers that are altering the
delete process and possibly counteracting the system trigger that is a
FK. There have been enough instances of this show up on this list for me
to know this is a distinct possibility.

> Did you see that Master table has no records and Detail table has one record
> ?
> I think you agree with me that we have a a detail record with no master, so
> it´s unusable, right ?

We have not seen the actual records, so I cannot say or agree/disagree.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com