Re: Add -c to rsync commands on SR tutorial wiki page - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Add -c to rsync commands on SR tutorial wiki page
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/18/16 1:31 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> To have proper incremental backups done requires a lot more than just
> throwing "-c" into the rsyncs.  For my 2c, I'm at the point where I'd
> prefer we discourage people from using rsync, cp, or generally try to
> set up their own hand-rolled backup system with PG.  Those examples
> simply encourage poor setups that risk losing data and introducing
> corruption.

I agree (and the only reason I was looking at that page is because I
client was following the directions on it!)

So, what would this mean in terms of the wiki? Should we nuke that page
and point at something in the docs? Something else?
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461