Re: executing SELECT xmlelement(name foo); causes "server closed the connection unexpectedly" Error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: executing SELECT xmlelement(name foo); causes "server closed the connection unexpectedly" Error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Sushil <sdive@vertex.co.in> writes:
> the query works on postgres 8.3 installation on a system with following
> libxml2 istalled

> libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.2
> libxml2-python-2.6.26-2.1.2
> libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.2

> its a Centos 5.1 environment.

> the system on which this issue is appearing has following libxml2 RPMs
> installed

> libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.2.1
> libxml2-python-2.6.26-2.1.2.1
> libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.2.1

According to Red Hat's CVS, the only difference between 2.1.2 and
2.1.2.1 is addition of a patch to fix UTF-8 decoding problem
CVE-2007-6284.  I looked at the patch and it is nowhere near
xmlNewTextWriterMemory.

Perhaps you have a corrupted download of that RPM?  In any case
it's out of date (latest Red Hat release is 2.6.26-2.1.9) so an
update wouldn't be a bad idea.

            regards, tom lane