Re: Getting our tables to render better in PDF output - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Getting our tables to render better in PDF output
Date
List pgsql-docs
Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> writes:
> If it's ok to work on doc patches during the feature freeze, and if we're
> already tweaking function documentation, would it be possible to add in
> anchor ids to function definitions so that we could reference specific
> functions (or rather the family of functions that share a name like this:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/functions-datetime.html#FUNCTION-DATE-PART
> or similar. I tried it out just now, and the anchoring works, but there's
> no obvious place to acquire the anchored link, so presumably we'd
> anchor-ize the function name itself.

Don't have a strong opinion about that, but it'd sure be a lot of new
anchors.  Is that going to be a problem for the docs toolchain?  If
the anchors are attached to individual function names rather than
sections or paragraphs, do they actually work well as link references?
(I'm particularly wondering how an <xref> would render.)

            regards, tom lane