Re: idle_in_transaction_session_timeout not getting log in PG v12.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: idle_in_transaction_session_timeout not getting log in PG v12.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/19/20 8:07 AM, Ishan Joshi wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> 1) What OS and version and did it change between 11 and 12? --> it is
> cent os 7 an both v11.5 and v12.2 are on same server.
>
> 2) How are you starting the server and did that change?  --> through
> systemctl start postgresql-12
>
> 3) When did you copy the 11 *.conf files over and did you restart the 12
> server after? --> copy and restart the server 12
>
> 4) What is being logged to the file e.g. connections/disconnects, etc?
> --> yes these are getting logged

Hmm, I'm at a loss for an explanation. All I have left is:

1) Do you see anything relevant in the logs when the session is killed?

2) Is the transaction actually being killed? In other words does it
still show up in?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/monitoring-stats.html#PG-STAT-ACTIVITY-VIEW

--
Adrian Klaver