Re: pg_dump: schema with OID 58698 does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump: schema with OID 58698 does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
David Kerr <dmk@mr-paradox.net> writes:
> Ok, I found the bad entries, 2 tables a sequence and 2 primary key indexes are associated
> with the wrong (invalid / nonexistant ) schema.

> However, there are correct entries for those objects as well. So these are definitly just dangling references.

Please be more specific.  What are the bad entries exactly (what values,
in which columns of what catalogs) and what do you mean by "there are
correct entries as well"?

> When we do a data "refresh" here, i do a drop <schema> cascade; in the DB and then
> pg_restore -Fc --disable-triggers

Hm.  We have seen occasional reports of drop cascade failing to delete
all the dependent objects, but it's pretty hard to see how that could
happen ...

            regards, tom lane