Re: plpythonu AKA am I crazy? or.... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plpythonu AKA am I crazy? or....
Date
List pgsql-general
Aron Roberts <aron@slam.cc> writes:
> When I create a function with an argument or return type of say an
> integer the data type seems to be passed properly. When trying for
> instance to send or return an integer array it always seems to be passed
> as a string which is very nearly useless.
> is this a quality of any embedded language or perhaps plpython in
> particular?

plpython in particular --- IIRC, its code for mapping between SQL
datatypes and Python datatypes isn't real bright.  If there is a better
Python construct that arrays could be mapped to, feel free to send in
a patch ...

            regards, tom lane