Re: 8.3 problems with sspi authentication - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Christian Ullrich
Subject Re: 8.3 problems with sspi authentication
Date
List pgsql-bugs
* Matthias Mohr wrote:

> I tried to use the new sspi authentication in PostgreSQL 8.3 to directly
> use a Windows user for PostgreSQL authentication. So for a test I changed
[...]
> I'm using Windows XP Professional with SP2 and a lot of additional

Do you have "Simple File Sharing" enabled? If so, the client user is always
authenticated as Guest. The Guest user is usually disabled, which makes
authentication fail.

For details see <http://www.ngssoftware.com/papers/database-on-xp.pdf>.

--
  Christian Ullrich  .  Expect a letter from a friend who will ask
                     .  a favor of you.