Re: Postgresql vs MySQL on Slashdot - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Postgresql vs MySQL on Slashdot
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
adw@obsidian.co.za (Anton de Wet) writes:
> This morning on slashdot:
>
> "6 years ago Mr Poet submitted the story Comparing MySQL and
> PostgreSQL. Since then both databases have evolved to wherever they
> are today. Are the points raised 6 years ago still valid? What has
> changed? Are there other things to consider since then
> (e.g. licensing)?" This is certainly a valid question since both
> databases have had to evolve with the times. Have these applications
> been specialized to fit a particular niche market or are they both
> still strong competitors? What does the horizon look like for the
> development of these programs, especially considering the recent MySQL
> partnership with SCO?
>
> http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/05/09/05/1514246.shtml?tid=221&tid=4

And this is expected to be highly insightful precisely why?

You do realize that "marketing partnerships" are kind of the point of
having a company; that's what companies do...

If the announcement was that $8M would be spent on, well, anything,
that would be of some significance.  Announcing a (largely cost-free)
"marketing partnership" is not...
--
output = reverse("gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linuxdistributions.html