Re: best OS and HW for postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: best OS and HW for postgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-admin
jd@commandprompt.com ("Joshua D. Drake") writes:

> Scott Marlowe wrote:
>>> In general, you're probably best off running whatever OS you're
>>> most  comfortable with.
>> I'd amend that to say whatever flavor of unix you're most comfortable
>> with.
>
> Well honestly that isn't true either.

No, I think it's still true.

It seems to me that you're better off using an OS that you're
competent with than leaping out of the "region of competence."

Is it better to get a 15% speedup, but then have the system fall over
because you don't know how to keep it up to date with patches for
recent CERT reports?  In many cases, I wouldn't think so...
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "linuxdatabases.info")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/languages.html