Re: BUG #2600: dblink compile with SSL missing libraries - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: BUG #2600: dblink compile with SSL missing libraries
Date
List pgsql-patches
peter_e@gmx.net (Peter Eisentraut) writes:
> Am Mittwoch, 30. August 2006 22:57 schrieb Chris Browne:
>> I also seem to recall, in past discussions about "library matters,"
>> that AIX is more sticky about requiring that libraries be named
>> expressly.
>
> ecpglib has
>
> SHLIB_LINK = -L../pgtypeslib -lpgtypes $(libpq) \
>         $(filter -lintl -lssl -lcrypto -lkrb5 -lcrypt -lm, $(LIBS))
> $(PTHREAD_LIBS)
>
> ifeq ($(PORTNAME), win32)
> # Link to shfolder.dll instead of shell32.dll
> SHLIB_LINK += -lshfolder
> endif
>
> Presumably the same would be necessary everywhere else libpq is used.

I replaced:
SHLIB_LINK = $(libpq)

with
SHLIB_LINK = $(libpq) $(LIBS)

which allowed the compile to get through this.

If I add that very same line:
SHLIB_LINK = $(libpq) $(LIBS)

to contrib/sslinfo/Makefile, it now survives the compile, as well as
successfully running through, for contrib, "make install" and "make
installcheck".
--
"cbbrowne","@","cbbrowne.com"
http://linuxfinances.info/info/unix.html