Re: outdated (bad) information in pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: outdated (bad) information in pg_stat_activity
Date
List pgsql-general
depesz@gmail.com (hubert depesz lubaczewski) writes:
> On 12/14/05, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>

>           hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@gmail.com> writes:
>      > my pg_stat_activity is raporting process working on a query for 12 hours
>      > straight! (query_start).
>      > 2 problems:
>      > 1. this particular query runs typically between 80 and 200 miliseconds!
>      > 2. procpid of this backend does not exists anymore in system
>      It's possible that the "backend exited" message got dropped by the stats
>      mechanism --- the stats code is deliberately designed to lose messages
>      rather than delay the rest of the system, so it's not 100% reliable.
>

> is it possible to "by hand" remove bad entries from this stats?
> depesz

The only answer I have been able to come to is that restarting the
postmaster will clear this all up.

If there is some less intrusive way of accomplishing this, I'd be keen
on hearing about it...
--
"cbbrowne","@","cbbrowne.com"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/nonrdbms.html