Re: Default autovacuum settings too conservative - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Default autovacuum settings too conservative
Date
List pgsql-performance
matthew@zeut.net ("Matthew T. O'Connor") writes:
> I think the default settings should be designed to minimize the
> impact autovacuum has on the system while preventing the system from
> ever getting wildly bloated (also protect xid wraparound, but that
> doesn't have anything to do with the thresholds).

That would suggest setting the "base threshold"
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold relatively low, and the "scale factor"
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor fairly high.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/nonrdbms.html