Re: Generic Monitoring Framework Proposal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Generic Monitoring Framework Proposal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert.Lor@Sun.COM (Robert Lor) writes:
> For DTrace, probes can be enabled using a D script. When the probes
> are not enabled, there is absolutely no performance hit whatsoever.

That seems inconceivable.

In order to have a way of deciding whether or not the probes are
enabled, there has *got* to be at least one instruction executed, and
that can't be costless.
--
output = reverse("gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/wp.html