Re: EMBEDDED PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: EMBEDDED PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
desoi@pgedit.com (John DeSoi) writes:
> On Jan 25, 2005, at 8:44 AM, Christopher Browne wrote:
>> You can do that with PostgreSQL by configuring pg_hba.conf to only
>> accept connections from localhost.
>>
>> And there is no problem with the notion of creating a database in a
>> local directory.
>>
>> None of this requires any change.
>
> But on Windows 8.0 you can't run the postmaster with an
> administrative account, correct? I really wish this was configurable
> in the PostgreSQL settings (of course, defaulting to the way it is
> now).

I haven't the foggiest idea what you can do on Windows 8.0; I thought
they called it Windows XP or Windows 2000.

I'm making the Unix-flavoured assumptions that it's cheap and easy to
create an extra directory and to spawn an extra process for a
postmaster in a user's own process space.

That may vary somewhat for the more VMS-like model of Windows NT...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>