Re: Database Synchronization - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Database Synchronization
Date
Re: Database Synchronization  ("Jyoti Seth" <jyotiseth2001@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-sql
dev@archonet.com (Richard Huxton) writes:
> Jyoti Seth wrote:
>> Hello ,
>>  I have two postgres databases on different linux servers. Postgres
>> database
>> on one server has some tables that needs to be synchronized from the other
>> postgres database . What should be the best method for this.
>
> The slony replication package lets you choose what tables you
> replicate. On the destination server the tables will be read-only.
>
> http://www.slony.info/
>
> Take a little time to read through the documentation and experiment
> with a test system first. It works fine, but it's got a lot of
> complicated options.

But it is worth noting one thing about the synchronization...

Slony-I's strategy is pretty simple: One node is considered the
"master," and the other node is forcibly made to conform to what is on
the master.

If you want to synchronize back and forth (e.g. - multimaster
replication of some sort), Slony-I is not suitable...
--
"cbbrowne","@","linuxdatabases.info"
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/unix.html