Re: On DNS for postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: On DNS for postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-general
steve@blighty.com (Steve Atkins) writes:
> On Sep 6, 2006, at 9:50 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>> Now that the DNS is back (thanks!), I thought I'd ask why the ra bit
>> is set on the responses.  Are those servers providing recursion to
>> the whole Net?  (They seem to be.)  If so, that's a Bad Thing.
>
> There's not anything like universal agreement on whether that's a
> bad thing, or not.

I'll leave that to others...

> Also the servers are volunteer provided, so it's not really anyones
> business other than the server owners.

If you are fine with people casting arbitrary aspersions against the
users of PostgreSQL, then perhaps so.

I wouldn't expect any self-respecting project that prides itself on
reliability would be willing to live with this, though...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/linuxdistributions.html