Re: TODO: GNU TLS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: TODO: GNU TLS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
jd@commandprompt.com ("Joshua D. Drake") writes:
>> The reason I wanted to use PGP is that I already have a PGP key. X.509
>> certificates are far too complicated (a certificate authority is a
>> useless extra step in my case).
>
> Complete side note but one feature that I brought up to my team a
> potentially useful would be to allow the use of ssh keys for
> authentication.
>
> SSH keys are far more prevalent, and they are understood even at the
> medium corporate level.

I haven't discussed this with Afilias folk, but that sure sounds like
an excellent thing to me.  ssh keys are already in widespread use for
other forms of authentication; this seems an excellent re-use.

X.509 might be nice, too, eventually; ssh keys would be immediately
useful.
--
"cbbrowne","@","linuxfinances.info"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/sap.html