Re: PG and AIX - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: PG and AIX
Date
List pgsql-general
cgibbs@westmarkproducts.com ("Corey W. Gibbs") writes:
> Just curious what problems, if any, have you had compiling/using Posgres on
> an AIX system.  Up until  now, my main experience with PG has been on Linux
> systems, and I was just wondering what differences there are in using the
> software on an AIX system.

There is a FAQ...  doc/FAQ_AIX

I have found AIX to be not terribly fun when trying to compile custom
C modules to link into PostgreSQL; it hasn't yet solidified into a
"general procedure," and if you aren't using custom stuff, that may
not be terribly relevant.

The "user space" on AIX feels a fair bit different from Linux but it
isn't self-evident that this 'bites' the use of PostgreSQL.  The
default shell is ksh-based, rather than Bash-based, but that isn't
particularly relevant to PG...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="libertyrms.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>