Re: Reporting functions (OLAP) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Reporting functions (OLAP)
Date
List pgsql-sql
sdavis2@mail.nih.gov (Sean Davis) writes:
> I am looking for reporting extensions such as windowing, ranking,
> leads/lags, etc. for postgresql.  A quick google search turned up
> some "working on it" type results, but I was wondering if anything
> actually existed up to this point?

No, nothing exists to this point.

Efforts are presently ongoing to get version 8.3 out the door, and,
for now, that is The High Priority.

Once 8.3 is released, people who have been working on 8.3 matters can
shift attention to new functionality.

SQL 2003 "windowing" is on the TODO list: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html

Some discussions of this...
http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-11/msg01093.php