Re: Fresh eyeballs needed: input into error [FIXED] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Fresh eyeballs needed: input into error [FIXED]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 27 Apr 2022, Francisco Olarte wrote:

> Where you using cut&paste / selection or something similar? Lately I've
> been getting weird errors on paste operations due to bracketed paste,
> which are puzzling, It seems to have interactions with readline and other
> stuff depending on where the cursor is and some other things. Last I
> remembered when pasting some things to guile invisible chars ( paste
> brackets ) where intercepted by its REPL leading to bizarre errors. And
> sometimes after a relogin things are done a bit different and make problem
> disappear.

Francisco,

Yes. I often use the trackball to highlight plain ASCII text, including the
enclosing '...', and paste it to the psql shell command line. Most of the
time it works. When psql presents prompt 2 instead of command success I
re-enter by re-keyboarding. That usually clears up the issue.

Thanks,

Rich