Re: Inherited an 18TB DB & need to backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Karremans
Subject Re: Inherited an 18TB DB & need to backup
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Suhail,

I do not know personally, but I can figure out / get you setup with someone who can tell you more.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, kind regards,

Jan Karremans
Director of Sales Engineering, EMEA
Senior Sales Engineer DACH-Region
EDB Postgres Advanced Server Professional
-- Postgres Everywhere --

 Oracle ACE Alumni

- Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache, bitte verzeihen Sie Verstöße gegen die Rechtschreibung -

Mobile: +31-(0)6-1638 9607

http://www.enterprisedb.com/

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
+*+ Albert Camus +*+

Op 15 mei 2020, om 15:31 heeft Suhail Bamzena <suhailsalem@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

Thanks Jan.. just to know more is it using the native pg_dump or another tool like pgbackrest or barman ??

That is not an issue. We have customers backing up Postgres databases up to 80 TB.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, kind regards,

Jan Karremans
Director of Sales Engineering, EMEA
Senior Sales Engineer DACH-Region
EDB Postgres Advanced Server Professional
-- Postgres Everywhere --

 Oracle ACE Alumni

- Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache, bitte verzeihen Sie Verstöße gegen die Rechtschreibung -

Mobile: +31-(0)6-1638 9607

http://www.enterprisedb.com/

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
+*+ Albert Camus +*+

Op 15 mei 2020, om 15:23 heeft Suhail Bamzena <suhailsalem@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

Hi Christoph
Thats very high on my agenda.. but need to make sure i can backup this beast to start with..

On Fri, 15 May 2020, 17:08 Christoph Berg, <christoph.berg@credativ.de> wrote:
Re: Rory Campbell-Lange
> On 15/05/20, Suhail Bamzena (suhailsalem@gmail.com) wrote:
> > Hello All,
> > I have very recently inherited an 18 TB DB that is running version 9.2.

Push hard to get that upgraded to a supported version.

Christoph

<PastedGraphic-4.tiff><uc.png><uc.png><uc.png>

Attachment