Re: Fwd: How to run query by command prompt in Postgres - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Fwd: How to run query by command prompt in Postgres
Date
List pgadmin-support

Le 27 juin 2012 à 14:06, "Kapil Kr. Khandelwal" <kapilk@cscape.in> a écrit :

Dear Sir

I want to run sql query, without any file. I have connected the db, but not getting success run sql query.

Did you end your input with a ;
Without it, pressing return will just add another line to your query

I can run by file, if you can provide me steps of this.

Looking forward to positive response from your side. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Kapil Kr. Khandelwal
M: 09694179109
CodeScape Consultants, Jaipur

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
On 27/06/2012 12:18, Kapil Kr. Khandelwal wrote:

> Dear Team
>
> I want to a favour from your side. I want to know, how to run sql query
> by command prompt in postgres sql.

psql -f file-with-query.sql your-database

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/app-psql.html

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland