[pgadmin-support] PgAdmin 4 1.3 --- font size on window is incredibly small andunusuable (OSX) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Doug Easterbrook
Subject [pgadmin-support] PgAdmin 4 1.3 --- font size on window is incredibly small andunusuable (OSX)
Date
List pgadmin-support
I updated pgadmin 4 from 1.2 to 1.3

and now the font size is incredibly small on my machine.   pinch and zoom works to make text bigger(Sort of), but all that results in is text jumping all over and I can’t use mouse scrolling to get anywhere — just track pad scrolling.

stuff kind of doesn't work well

Sub menus won’t let me create databases
reload page has messages with no text in them
context menus are getting stuck open
things can take a long time to load (I have a new macbook pro — so it isn’t the machine)

graphs - still work.

can we not have PGadmin III back.    Iv’e been using 4 for a couple of months now, and I am really finding that I far prefer
how fast 3 loads,
the auto refresh of status showing the processes that are running
auto remember of last queries without needing to save
the speed of opening on machines with lower memory capabilities (we use pgadmin  on hundreds of different client site — so we quickly go back to pgadmin 3 on slower machines because 4 just does not work reliably)

I can have multiple open windows in pgadmin 3 that are on separate monitors when watching a few database for activity.  The MDI style interface in pgadmin 4 is very limiting.

extracting data in pgadin 3 is easer.
copying rows is easier (select and copy, vs double click to open a cell to get the data)

I could go on.       I’ve been forcing my team to use pgadmin 4 — but they all rebelled against me.    I’ve finally rebelled against myself.

Doug Easterbrook
Arts Management Systems Ltd.
Phone (403) 650-1978

National User Conference, May 8-11, 2017