Re: Comment forms in interactive docs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Comment forms in interactive docs
Date
Re: Comment forms in interactive docs  (Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-www
Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> There are comments forms interactive docs. I think we should remove them.
> Who follows the user comments in there? I'm sure, noone!

Actually, we've made a practice of scavenging for useful comments at
least once a release cycle.  There's a lot of crud in there, I agree,
but some good ideas about missing material too.  Anyway, what is your
idea of "interactive" docs if not ones that people can comment on?

> Even though there is a warning that they are not support forums, I'm
> pretty sure that there are some ppl who will request for support -- and
> won't get a support.

Yup, that happens.

            regards, tom lane